September 26-27, 2019
Pitch Your Idea at Stocktoberfest
On September 26th and 27th, StockTwits is hosting Stocktoberfest in sunny Coronado, California. This year, however, we’re doing things a bit differently.
In addition to keynote speakers and panels of industry experts, we’re inviting a select few StockTwits Community Members to come to Stocktoberfest and present at this year’s event.
But we’re not inviting just anyone.
Starting today, we’re opening up submissions for your Stocktoberfest presentation. Your presentation could be about anything — a stock you’re passionate about, your style of trading, your eclectic markets background, or more. It does, however, have to be captivating enough to win over the Stocktoberfest audience and the thousands watching at home on our Livestream.
Winner gets the GOLDEN AVOCADO. Enter by June 16th. Submissions will be chosen by June 30th.
How to Enter
We’re looking for 8-12 people to give 10 to 15 minute presentations this fall in Coronado. If you think you have what it takes, submit your a 1-2 minute demo pitch and any related materials to speakatSTBF@stocktwits.com. This does not to be the full pitch you’ll give at Stocktoberfest; you just need to show yourself off, explain your idea, and how you plan to build on it in your presentation.
Your entry will be judged based on the following guidelines:
• Your video has to be both original and captivating. Put your best self forward, or show off your best “character.”
• Your presentation cannot be inflammatory or go against StockTwits house rules.
• The data and ideas you present have to be rooted in fact. Have the citations to back everything up if needed.
• You need to be able to work with the audience. This means taking questions from people at Stocktoberfest and from the livestream.-Don’t use copyrighted media. We don’t wanna pay the licensing fees.
• Most importantly, you need to have fun.
To enter, submit a 1-2 min video as your “elevator pitch” . Selected presenters will receive $500 toward flight and accommodations in Coronado, and your videos will be used in media related to Stocktoberfest (with proper credits, of course).